HOW TO SELL
We connect sellers of the Rare and Remarkable with passionate buyers. RR Auction – selling, consigning collectibles and helping people share and obtain them since 1976. We have the international following to help you, too. Selling (also called consigning) with us is simple.
WHAT’S IT WORTH?
Whether you have one item or an entire collection, RR Auction will help you attain top dollar when you’re ready to sell. We understand the market for your valued collectibles, and maintain a superior clientele who’ll buy it at a price you won’t get anywhere else.
All formats of the Rare and Remarkable: autographs, historical artifacts, Sports, Hollywood, Space Exploration and more. Whether you have a signed baseball, or an iconic film prop, we’ll curate it for an auction where it will be best highlighted.
Every month RR conducts at least two auctions, one an 800+ item Fine Autographs and Artifacts Auction, including a monthly featured section, and secondly, a specialty auction focused upon a single subject. Focused auctions include: Music, Space, and Sports.
We’re consistently exceeding our consignors’ expectations by garnering top prices.
For over 40 years we’ve considered our relationships with our consignors a partnership. Our goal is to work together to ensure you receive remarkable results.
With at least two sales every month and a variety of different themed sales throughout the year, we have many opportunities to curate your items for the best auction.
RR Auction’s much-anticipated autumn Space Exploration & Aviation sale brings nearly 700 lots to auction that span our universe—from meteorites to spacecraft hardware to Apollo autographs, there is something for every space collector. Special highlights include an extraordinary, museum-quality ‘Moon Puzzle’ lunar meteorite, a preflight letter from Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin pondering their “message from the lunar surface,” many flown items directly from the astronauts themselves, and a lunar rock box scoop used by Aldrin and Armstrong during EVA training. RR Auction is a globally recognized and trusted auction house specializing in historical autographs and artifacts. Join us as we make history selling history in October 2018.
RR Auction is pleased to be the auction house of note for items relating to John F. Kennedy, the 35th president of the United States. We sell JFK memorabilia in a specialty auction each November. Historic Kennedy items garner significant results for our consignors. Some noteworthy examples of past JFK auction results:
- John F. Kennedy’s diary as a Hearst reporter, 1945,
sold for $718,750. (View photographs)
- White 1963 Lincoln Continental used the day of his death, for $318,000.
- PT-109 letter archive, sold for $200,000.
- Handwritten manuscript announcing his presidential candidacy, for $200,000.
- Handwritten letter to mistress Mary Pinchot Meyer, sold for $88,971.
- His rocking chair, for $74,938.
- John and Jacqueline Kennedy Cape Cod photographs, sold for $32,500. (View press)
Marvels of Modern Music
RR Auction’s music auction presents rare, stand-out collectibles in all genres of music – from blues, jazz, country and punk, to the biggest names in rock n’ roll. Autographs and vintage photographs, signed memorabilia, posters, albums, stage-used costumes and equipment, plus much more.
Sell autographed music memorabilia with RR. Past auction successes include:
- Beatles first issue mono Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band signed album sold for $179,358.
- Prince’s personally-owned and stage-worn yellow boots sold for $75,147.
- Johnny Ramone’s personally-owned and used 1965 Mosrite Ventures V1 guitar sold for $71,875.
- Prince incredibly rare original 1987 U.S. first pressing of The Black Album sold for $42,298.
- Bob Marley and The Wailers signed 1976 poster sold for $30,979.
- Bob Dylan ALS to folk singer Debbie Green, 1975, sold for $29,645.
- Led Zeppelin fully signed album sold for $27,621.
- Nirvana oversized fully signed photograph sold for $14,323.
Fine Autographs and Artifacts,
feat. Science & Technology
December’s Fine Autographs and Artifacts auction will feature Science & Technology.
Included will be scientists, physicists, mathematicians, physicians; inventors and innovators; those that achieved space exploration. Correspondence, documents and manuscripts, photos and more. Past Science & Technology auction success includes:
- Original Apple-1 computer sold for $375,000. Read more.
- Steve Jobs signed job questionnaire sold for $174,757.
Alan Turing ALS sold for $136,122.
- Isaac Newton DS, for $53,805.
- Project Apollo and Skylab Series Maurer Data Acquisition Camera, $48,914.
Do you have items to include in this auction? Deadline for consignment is Oct. 19.
RR Auction is excited to announce our next Sports auction in December. We’ll present rare cards, game-used uniforms and equipment, original photographs, championship rings, Olympic memorabilia and more.
We offer generous, immediate cash advances. Sell sports cards and sports memorabilia with RR and experience Remarkable Results like these:
- 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers World Championship Ring, sold for $45,049.
- 1966-68 Brian Piccolo game-worn Chicago Bears jersey, $25,200.
- Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig signed baseball, $24,147.
- Calgary 1988 Winter Olympics Torch, $19,327.
- Stockholm 1956 Summer Olympics Bronze
Winner’s Medal, sold for $18,710.
Some standout sports cards sold by RR:
Consign with a
name you can trust
RR Auction is an industry leader in Rare and Remarkable collectibles. From U.S. history, to science and technology, to the worlds of politics, sports and celebrity, we know how to bring history to life.
Mario Puzo’s archive sold for $625k at auction
‘New found images of JFK wedding up for auction’
‘Dave Scott’s Apollo 15 watch sold for $1.6M’
“Smart, well-run, family-owned business. RR Auction knows their stuff. I highly recommend consigning and buying through them.”
Amy Bean, Texas
“Thank you for putting together such a great auction…selling has been a joy…I am happy to realize that it is who I am—not what I have—that defines me. The next thing I will collect is memories.”
Tom Gregory, CA
“You did a great job with a really interesting slice of items…It really felt like a respectful, well-researched project…Kudos for giving the artist, items, consignors, and the fans all respect due.”
Ben Margolin, owner of Prince.org
“Big shout out to all employees and services at RR Auction. It’s the kind of company I would really recommend to my collector friends and community”
Theodore Antoniadis, Greece
“Got our Remarkable Rarities book and it is beautiful. Happy that instead of our family memento being lost and forgotten…it will go to a buyer who cares about the piece and its history”
Joshua Lamont, CA
“In my dealings with hundreds of houses all over the world, you guys do a consistently better job at every level, from the material, production, responsiveness, honesty, logistics of every kind and more.”
“Always a pleasure to work with RR Auction who set a new standard for customer service in the autograph field”
“The concern shown for my consignments and my feelings will be remembered and my loyalty to your auction house will be the result”
Eric, New York
Would you like to learn more about RR Auction – selling, consigning collectibles at auction? Our consignment specialists would love to talk to you more about our consignment process and everything we can offer you.