Four decades of collecting autographs
In-person autograph collecting legend John Brennan has met your favorite musician.
Probably. In 40+ years, John Brennan has met almost everyone. From Paul McCartney to Post Malone, from Aretha Franklin to Lady Gaga, he’s obtained autographs from the greats and the up-and-comers. A rock music fanatic from his pre-teen years on, Brennan drove back and forth from his childhood home in Connecticut to New York City chasing autographs, and then followed his favorite bands and musicians across the country and even across the Atlantic Ocean.
Hear John talk about in-person collecting life in our recent podcast.
RR Auction is thrilled to share some of his truly vast collection with other passionate music fans. Throughout 2018 and beyond, we’ll be parsing out a select few items John Brennan has collected over the years. This month’s auction shows his diverse reach in the entertainment world – from classic films to old Hollywood greats, from animation, to rock, R&B and more. All signed albums mentioned include the record. Here are just a few exciting lots:
Lots to look at
- Lot 867: Eric Clapton – Appealing color glossy 8 x 10 photo.
- Lot 868: Audrey Hepburn – Color glossy 8 x 10 photo from 1966 film “How to Steal a Million.”
- Lot 869: Robert Plant, John Paul Jones – “Physical Graffiti” album.
- Lot 878: Johnny Cash – Color glossy 8 x 10 photo.
- Lot 879: Robert Smith, The Cure – Group of six 45 RPM single records.
- Lot 885: Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, Jack Nicholson – Easy Rider soundtrack album.
- Lot 886: Don and Phil Everly – “A Date with the Everly Brothers” album.
- Lot 889: Aretha Franklin – “Aretha’s Gold” album.
- Lot 894: Matt Groening – Original blue felt tip sketch of Bart Simpson from “The Simpsons.”
- Lot 908: Seth MacFarlane – Original felt tip sketch of Brian Griffin from “Family Guy.”
- Lot 910: Dean Martin – Glossy 8 x 9.75 photo.
- Lot 915: Van Morrison – “Moondance” album.
- Lot 917: Paul Newman – Playbill for “Our Town” at the Booth Theatre in December 2002.
- Lot 938: Keith Richards – “Talk Is Cheap” album.
See all 100 John Brennan items here.
RR’s current Fine Autographs and Artifacts auction featuring these remarkable items ends Sept. 12. Bid now!