Hail to the chief!
We’re known for our selection of incredibly well preserved signed documents and artifacts relating to US Presidents, dating back to American colonial times. From Gen. George Washington, to those who serve in Washington in this century, we have the Rare and Remarkable items from these history-making political figures.
Collector Raleigh DeGeer Amyx entrusted RR Auction to curate his astonishing lifetime collection of US Presidents artifacts in 2014. Here’s Raleigh discussing his experience with us.
Some of the incredible resulting sales included:
- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower’s four-star A-2 leather flight jacket: $93,750
- Franklin D. Roosevelt’s wool cape: $68,750
- Signed book by JFK and Jackie Kennedy, a Christmas gift for JFK Sr.; $30,000
- Abraham Lincoln’s eyeglasses: $30,000
- Harry S. Truman’s Stetson fedora: $22,500
The Fisher lifetime collection featured:
- Rare William Henry Harrison presidential appointment document: $74,938
- James Madison letter: $54,256
- Thomas Jefferson letter: $34, 073
- James Polk letter to Andrew Jackson: $32,541
- Garfield assassinator Guiteau’s written confession: $27,872
Another video of our presidential auction successes is here.
We need your presidential consignments!
We’re seeking any kind of presidential memorabilia that captures an individual, a historical event, or a time and place with its significance. We’ve had a lot of success with personally owned and worn clothing, jewelry and accessories (presidents and First Ladies), as well as handwritten correspondences of all kinds – RR Auction has extensive success with letters and speech drafts by then-lawyer Abraham Lincoln – and autographed and rare photographs, personal items and other glimpses into the working and private lives of the leaders of the free world. “Road to the White House” campaign memorabilia; First Family ephemera. Pre-American Revolution through 21st century.
Our next US Presidents auction will be Feb. 7, 2018. Do you have memorabilia you’d like to consign for the February auction – autographs, signed documents, photos, ephemera, unique items of all kinds – please contact us by Friday, Dec. 15!